Number System - the Family Tree
In the Modern Number system we have various types of numbers. Your first task is to identify the definitions given for the various types of numbers. Provide reliable examples to support your definition.
The list below is not exhaustive and you may want to add a few more different types of numbers.
- Rational Numbers
- Irrational Numbers
- Positive Fractions
- Whole Numbers
- Natural Numbers
You may use mindmeister or any on-line mind-mapping tool for the above exercise.
- Analyse the family tree from reliable sources such as Mathematical dictionary.
- Pen your Real Number Family Tree and submit this to your Maths teacher.
- You may use any mindmap tools such as mindmeister, etc
- Once graded and approved upload your Real Number Family Tree in your personal blog and link it to your class maths blog
- Discussion in groups of 4s-5s however individual submission expected.